Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Rainy Days and Meltdowns

This post would have had so much more of an impact if I had been able to post it earlier as planned but J had other plans for today. Homeboy has been going through a full fledge meltdown for the last two days. Not sure what his deal is but things need to change, quick. He's been waking up at 3 a.m. every night. B also thinks our house is haunted because, in his defense, some pretty weird noises are occurring around our house. If he ever puts the pieces together that J is waking up during the "Devil's hour" and we can't find the source of the noises, we will have a exorcism taking place instead of a craft room overhaul.

Today was cold and dreary here in God's Country which caused us to lounge around and nap. Yes, I know I could have posted during that time instead of napping but I have a 14 month old screaming at 3 a.m., remember? Days like these make me want to do 3 things, take naps, read and watch Golden Girls. Two of which I did.

I found this link a few days ago showing a list of books that will be made into movies this year. Last year I found a similar list and read the books that looked appealing and I really enjoyed what I found. It actually made me read from authors and genres I had never considered. Towards the end of my reading, I read Gillian Flynn's Dark Places and was instantly hooked. If you've never read her books, I highly recommend giving her a try. Well, if you are ok with twisted and gory. Hope you find something you like!

Happy reading!

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment