Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Trips

This is how my day started:

B: you don't have to get up. It's your day off. Sleep in.

Me: nah. I've got coffee ready in the kitchen.

.......

Me: and two nights stay in a hotel in St. Simons for your birthday! 

That's right. Tomorrow is B's birthday and to celebrate, I surprised him with two nights mini vacation on an "island". This is very unlike me. I wouldn't say I'm a planner but going on trips last minute sometimes makes me a nervous wreck. But at least I knew what was going on. 

So after the news sank in to B, we were up and packing. The ride down was pretty good. We stumbled upon a community from B's childhood and decided to take a walk down memory lane. It's always neat to see where your significant other called home. 

We then stopped at a McDonald's (we were desperate) and had a quick bite. There I learned that J definitely needs a hair cut because not only did the server at the counter think he was a "little fat girl", but a little Spanish boy around 3 years old thought he was also a girl and decided to try and kiss him. Weird things go on in South Georgia.

We made it to our destination, where it is drizzling, and we're currently sitting in bed, drinking beer, eating snacks and watching the college football playoffs all while being awkwardly stared at from J in his crib. It's like having a parent with you. 

Story developing....

It's also New Year's Day. The day where, while nursing a hangover, people vow to "do what they said they'd do last year". Sure. We all know how this goes. You make a resolution to do something like, learn to speak zebra. So you jump in head first doing your research, surround yourself with influential people and after a full 24 hours, give up and vow to clean your toilet once a week instead. Which you also fail at.

This year is different. I have a resolution that will blow you away. Ready?

.......

My New Year's Resolution is to.....

Blog every single day. 

Wait while I have a panic attack. This is big, peeps. See, I secretly vowed this last year and you see how that went. I am promising to speak to an online community EVERY.  SINGLE. DAY. I don't even talk to B that much! Feel privileged, friends, I just put you above he hubby. Good thing our relationship doesn't need that kind of communication... Wait, that's a blog for another day and I have 364 more of these bad boys to go. 

Here's to a new year of hope and possibly a new year of failures. I better go be a mom. My "sleeping" J just yelled out "uh oh" and laughed.

I leave you with an Irish blessing:

Health and long life to you, land without rent to you, a child every year to you, and death in Old Ireland.

Who knows but it's a nice thought, right?

-W

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday B!
    I am STOKED about the blogging every day!!
    YAY!!

    I'll be checking back soon!
    Hugs and Kisses to the family!!

    ReplyDelete