Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Menu

Sundays are a pretty relaxing day in the B house. Yes, I do realize this is Monday and I'm posting about Sunday but I had a good idea today and it wasn't going to go without notice.

365 days worth of posts are hard to do and a big commitment. I've decided to make things easier, some days would be designated as certain posts. Sundays will be one of them.

I only go to the grocery store once a week and that day is Sunday. I've found grocery shopping to be kind of therapeutic. Lame, I know but it's one time a week that I can be by myself and still give back to my family. To make the once a week shopping work, I make a menu. I've decided to start sharing my menu with you. My sister and I have always said we were going to share our weekly menus so that we can get some ideas from each other. Ok, M, you're up!

Here's what our week looks like:

Sunday: Pasta "Fazool"
Monday: Chili Dogs
Tuesday: Chili (B's treat)
Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas (I make this up as I go)
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Grilled/Smoked Salmon, Green Beans and Squash (B's treat again)

I usually sit down with 3 things when I make my menu. First, my schedule. The days that I work I tend to choose an easier meal so B can quickly make it when he gets home with J. Next, the weather app. I don't want to choose to grill something when it is supposed to be rainy and cold outside. Friday is grilled salmon and it's supposed to be 58 and sunny that day. Sunday was soup and it was in the 40's with rain. The tool I use is my iPad. I'm always looking for new recipes to try out.

This method keeps my grocery bill low and keeps me out of the store each day.

Not the most interesting post but can you blame me? I just spent the last 12 hours with hormonal moms and gassy babies.

-The Missing Golden Girl Cast Member


2 comments:

  1. I typed all of this one time already and hit submit then it asked me to log in........UGH!!!!!

    Here goes......

    Sunday: Carne Asada (easy, don't let the name scare you)
    Monday: Game food in celebration of the National Championship: BBQ meatballs, smokies wrapped in bacon, queso and chips (I forgot the bell pepper slices, so no veggies....oops)
    Tuesday: Chicken Nuggets
    Wednesday: Chili (great minds think alike, it is supposed to be snowy)
    Thursday: PIzza
    Friday: Hot dogs
    Saturday: Cubed Steak w/ gravy, mashed potatoes & broccoli
    Sunday: BBQ Chicken, Mac & cheese & green beans

    I will probably rearrange because we took out hamburger meat tonight for tacos but didn't use it. I will move chili to tomorrow and nuggets to Wednesday. I try to move around instead of omit. If we don't eat at home one night that gets moved to the next night. This keeps me from forgetting something is in there.

    :)

    Enjoy......Now I have an accountability-buddy....I have to keep this up. :)

    ReplyDelete