Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

The View

Before you think it, let me stop you. This DEFINITELY isn't a post about that ridiculous talk show. I just wanted to share my view today with you.


Who doesn't love a semi good book in the warm sunshine. "Semi good" because I've been on this book for about 3 months and I'm just not that into it. I know it's a classic (In Cold Blood) but I'm just not digging it.

We're on day 2 of King Cranky Pants and we're all starting to wear thin. If this is any indication of what the "Terrible Twos" will be like, help me, Lord so I don't beat my child... Ha! J/K. No but seriously. Even though we had a tough day and I'm pretty sure the neighbors were about to call D-FACS because J pitched a royal fit to end all fits today in the yard, I was reading Green Eggs And Ham to him after his bath and when we got to the part about the train, he pulled his paci out of his mouth and said "Choo choo!" I melted.

I miss him.

J/K.

I need sleep before I can miss him.

 And peace.

 And wine.

Now for this week's menu. I'm a day late. Forgive me. Did you even read the last paragraph?! (Said in a very Chandler Bing-ish way.)

Saturday: Grilled hotdogs, mac and cheese, peas and peaches. Dessert was grilled bananas with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
Sunday: Grilled BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans. Dessert was baked apple bread which I substituted the eggs in the recipe for pureed bananas. Tasty.
Monday: Bacon Carbonara
Tuesday: Homefries which is usually made with kielbasa but I'm using chorizo instead. M, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Salmon with black beans, cilantro lime rice and avocado salsa.
Friday: Well, this is a special night. I don't work but it's Friday the 13th and the busiest group in our on call system is on. To make it worse, the busiest doctor in that group is taking call. AND we're moving the patients from our new unit to the old for the new one to be cleaned. Yep, those ladies will need cocktails and we plan on meeting to share them together.

That's it for the day. Pray for us.

- Losing It

1 comment:

  1. Green Eggs and Ham! Fine choice, especially so close the big man's birthday....which should be a national holiday in my opinion...but o well...lol

    ReplyDelete