Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Let's Talk Cloth

Here it is. My crunchy mom moment.... I'm a cloth diaper user. Yes, instead of running out to the store to spend $35+ on a box of disposable diapers, I choose to strap on a cute pocket cloth diaper and then wash the poo off when finished. Call me crazy but I love my cloth diapers. Until recently. Poor J has developed a nasty little rash on his cute baby tushy and I can't seem to get rid of it. I've worked on his diet. You know, the basics. I've cut out fruit for a little while, I then cut out milk to see if he had a lactose issue and now I'm beginning to wonder if it is my beloved diapers. I've never had this bad of an issue since J was born. He's always had his rashes from antibiotics or teething. This is a whole new ball game.


For. Serious. Look at that precious hiney in his green diaper!


Rumparooz just happens to be one of my favorite brands in my stash. I've learned how J needs to wear them. He gets away with a single stuff, unbuttoned during the day but he has to be in a double stuffed, BumGenius at night or he leaks every where and he started sleeping through the night at a month and a half so I don't plan on getting up in the middle of the night now.


But sometimes we just go in our Birthday suit.

Isn't that the greatest hiney you've ever seen!!! Those dimples, those rolls.. I can't handle this.

Cross your fingers it isn't the diapers and actually something else. Here's some reasoning.

If it were the diapers, we would have more of an issue in the mornings too because he pees all night long and the rash would be all over the area that the diaper is covering but this is a rash that is generalized to his bottom. Maybe it's something that is coming out of this body that is acidic and causing the rash. Bile? Fruit juices? Who knows. All I do know is, I've researched normal toddler poop pictures so much tonight that I may actually have dreams about it later.

I'll keep you posted on the diaper rash developments as I get more information.

-Poop Aficionado

3 comments:

  1. I hope it's not the dipes! :(
    Have you tried stripping them? I feel like as Peyton got older, her pee smelled way more ammonia-y. I had to strip them a few times and even used non-chlorine bleach....with like 4 rinses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comment got lost in the blogger world. I stripped them about a week ago. When I came home last night he was in a disposable and was dirty so I changed him. He was red all over. Bryan said it didn't look that bad when they got home. I think that answers the diaper question. But I still have some Rockin' Green coming in the mail.

      Delete
    2. Oh girl...Rockin' Green is all I use! Mostly because I'm afraid to use anything else. They have a funk rock too that might help get any lingering stuff out.
      But maybe it's not the dipes after all!

      Delete