Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Moms and Daughers

I can't post about my job due to privacy issues. I'm a postpartum nurse and get to "play" with babies all day.( All of the nurses I work with are laughing hysterically right now.) One of the most special things I do get to see is the relationship between a mother and her daughter. I'm not talking about a patient and her new baby. I'm talking the mother that is now a grandmother and the daughter that is now a mother.

The sweetest moments are when I get to see a new mom learning to mother her new baby with the help of her own mother. Sometimes it brings tears to my eyes to see a new grandmother helping her daughter get out of bed, walk down the hall or even feed her baby. It reminds me of how strong the maternal bond actually is and that no matter how hard someone tries to "grow up", they'll always be their mom's little girl. They'll always be the one that their mom tries to coddle and help in any way possible.

I have a mom that would go above and beyond for any of her children. She was there when I had J and I can't thank her enough for that. She came to my house every Tuesday (she had every Tuesday off) and helped me with household chores. I was too angry at the time to cherish that but looking back on it, I understand her urge to be there for me. I understand her yearning to come to my house and provide me with the help she never had. For that I will be truly indebted to her each and every day of my life.

Thanks, Mom. Love you more.

-W

1 comment: