Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Family That Runs Together...

... Poops out together.


That's right, peeps! The B clan pounded pavement together this past Saturday to benefit our hometown's rec department. 

I'm so proud of B for running his very first 5K and he even pushed the jogging stroller. Unfortunately, I embarrassed myself. The hills were killer and I was pretty sure they told us there would be a margarita station half way through. Much to my disappointment, it was just water. 

May parents also ran/walked it as well. I'm also proud of them. They had a goal of finishing in an hour and finished in 48 minutes. Way to go Maw Maw and Paw!

We even got medals!!! B finished 2nd in his age group and I finished 3rd. Here comes Negative Nancy. There were only 3 people in B's age group (the first place guy was first place overall with a time of 18 minutes) and there were only 3 in mine. 

I know what you're thinking. "They look so sweaty!" Well, you're wrong. As soon as we started running, the bottom fell out and it rained the entire run. It helped with the heat and kept things interesting. 

Thanks for keeping me going, B!

-Sore

No comments:

Post a Comment