Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

God

As you've already realized, I don't get overly religious with my blogging voice. My religion is personal to me and I like it that way. But, I can't help but go nuts over this story.

Please do yourself a favor and read it.

Somehow I got roped into hauling a bunch of scrap wood to the dump today for B. I was waiting in line at the scale and thought I'd thumb through my CNN app. I've tried to stay away from it because ISIS scares the poo out of me but today I thought I would catch up. The head line of "Baby Found In River Improves". I've also tried to stay away from baby stories because they can be so sad but this one had happiness in the title. I read the amazing story of baby Lily and how she and her mom were in a car accident and was horrified by everything I read. That was until I read that 4 police officers heard a voice saying "Help me" come from the car. That was when they found baby Lily.... unconscious.... unresponsive and her mom had already died.

Now, I don't know if it is crazy mom hormones raging through my body that caused me to cry but I did. I cried in the scale line at the dump. Burly dump truck drivers looked at me like I was nuts. There was a voice that caused the officers to look a little further. How amazing is that?

The latest stories say the baby is doing well. She's watching Dora the Explorer and singing The Wheels on the Bus (J's all-time favorite). Experts say it was her "baby fat" that saved her life paired with a PROPERLY INSTALLED CARSEAT and the fact that they were upside down instead of being submerged in the freezing river.

I'm in awe at the protection that God and her angels provided for her for those 14 hours. I'm also saddened for her family because they lost a daughter but was spared a granddaughter. Kind of like that family who crashed in a plane but the only survivor was an 8 year old girl and she walked through the woods to a strangers house to find help.

Tonight my thoughts and prayers are with baby Lily's family as they grieve the loss of one family member but celebrate the life of another. I hope they are able to find peace during this time of darkness.

My thoughts and prayers are also with one of B's coworkers. He found out last week that his ex-wife, with whom he has children with, had only 5 days to live due to a cancer that had come back unexpectedly. What do you do with 5 days? I pray that he has no regrets with how the last 5 days have played out. We always wonder if we did things the right way and you never question that more than when you have children.

Kind of a heavy heart tonight but I feel like some of the recent stories are things God wants me to hear and take something away. Like he's giving me a sign but I'm not sure what it is or what I should do with it. One day he'll let me know. Right now all I can take away is that I need to realize things can change in an instant and I should cherish the relationships I have now.

"I will give thanks to You,  for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well." -Psalm 139:14

-W

 

1 comment: