Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Girls....

Today I took J to daycare so I could get a few things done and have the oil changed in the truck. I dropped him off as I usually do. I chatted with his teacher to see what he was doing in his class that week, which clothes I needed to take home and what I needed to bring back from him when I came back. At the end of the conversation, J had already wondered off to a play area and started playing with the other kids. I caught his attention and waved bye and at that point he made a sad face and started to run over to me. Then the unthinkable happened....

A girl stepped between me and my snuggle bunny.

A girl. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

He instantly got distracted, like most men do and then reached his tiny, fat, dimpled hand out and tried to touch her face. Now, I'm happy that my little man is being sweet to other little girls but how dare him let her come between us. I haven't even had time to build a highly inappropriate and boundary-less relationship with him. I then stooped to pretty low levels and tried to chase him to get a little goodbye kiss thinking that he needed a kiss to feel better about me leaving. After he ran away the, uh hum, 5th time, I decided it was time to give up and walk away. I turned to his teacher, said goodbye and told her I would be back in the afternoon to get him. I walked out the door and felt the need to turn around and check on him through the glass. He saw me standing outside the door but instead of crying he threw that little hand in the air and waved. I waved back and then he blew me a kiss.

I thought I had at least 10 more years before girls stole his attention. Well, all men are created equal, right? Regardless of age?


The face only a mother could love. MOTHER! Not random daycare girl.

-Smother

1 comment: