Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Sink Stands Alone

Today was a gratifying day for more than one reason. First of all, the boys dropped me off at Walmart for the weekly sopping trip and they headed to Lowes. Today was the first time since Staycation 2K15 started that I was completely alone. 

I wanted to sit on a bench and play Candy Crush because I could. But, instead, I made my way around the store and spent way too much time in the books (finished my book last night and needed a new one) and parused the clothes for J some pants. The kid is too tall for 18 months but too skinny for 24 months.

I had to use their lavatory and it was there that I picked the short straw for a stall lock.


I'm almost certain they sell locks that would have been better than this. The knob was so horribly installed that I was actually trapped for about 17 seconds. I was prepared to play Candy Crush until B came to my rescue. Luckily it didn't come to that. 

The second reason today was so gratifying is because the bathroom is finally coming together. We started this project for this reason...


All because I wanted a pedestal sink. And Mama gets what she wants. 

She also wanted a faucet with cross handles and ceramic accents...



Can you hear the angels singing? I can.

Somehow, the faucet and mirror came on the same truck today. I say that with awe because up until last night, you couldn't track the faucet. I was sure it got dropped off somewhere over the Midwest. 

The sink wasn't the only accomplishment today. We also laid the baseboard and shoe mold...


I'm so crazy happy with how everything is turning out. Tomorrow the big goal is to have running water in the bathroom as well as caulk the baseboard, hang the light and mirror and install the toilet. Big goals but water would be nice. I'm tired of sharing a shower with J.

-W


2 comments: