Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Hiking

Happy Labor Day!! What better way to celebrate than to work. Yay, me. 

While I'm stuck here, B and J have gone hiking. I'm not jealous at all. I think hiking is for the birds but B was pretty into the idea. He even bought a metal framed baby carrier off Craigslist last night. I was a little worried about him buying something so expensive to only use once. Really what I'm afraid of is the two of them having such a good time today that they insist that I come along for the journey next time. 

Not. A. Chance. 

B returned home around 9:30 last night with his carrier in tow. He set it on the living room floor and J literally put his hand on his hip and just stood there looking at the peculiar contraption. What happened then is priceless.

After B had wrestled with the carrier and made sure the straps were in place, he then looked at J and said "Ok, buddy. Get in."

J looked at B and said very matter of fact "No." He then turned around and walked away. He knows a bad idea when he sees one.

I felt inclined to help out B and we all know you don't ask a 2 year old to do anything. You pick them up and out them in the place that you want them. So, I picked him up and put him in the carrier. At this point just picture trying to put a cat in a bathtub and you've just witnessed J going into a hiking carrier. You're welcome.

B strapped the carrier on and went strolling around the house with a screaming B on his back. I had to hide because when he would see me, he would cry harder. He didn't do too bad and I was able to snap a picture.


What you don't see is his papi, that we worked so hard to eliminate to the bedroom, is now in his mouth. It was the only way to get him to calm down.

B called it a success and we put J to bed. When I came back in the kitchen, B was packing the bookbag attachment with what all he would need and added earplugs because of the close proximity of J's mouth to B's ear. 

I got this picture this morning.


He still doesn't look very happy and papi is still in the picture. I applaud B for his dedication to including J in everything he does. He's much braver than I am.

I'll have a beer ready when he gets home.

-W

2 comments:

  1. Looks like at least one happy hiker. J will learn to enjoy hiking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!!
    Where did they go hiking?

    ReplyDelete