Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Just One Of Those Days

Exhausting days are rough, aren't they? Then we decided kids would make our lives "complete" and things just went downhill after that. Before J was born I worked night shift. In fact, the move to day shift is when I got pregnant. But during those pre J days, I would come home, tell B good morning and hit the hay. I'd sleep from 8 am until 5 pm and get up and go to work again. It was amazing.

Today I left work and B informed me that we didn't have any wine so I'd have to stop by the store. Um....

No.

I told him I could add vodka to one of J's juices and call it a day. His response?

"Sharkleberry Finz and vodka it is!"

That was the strongest Sharkleberry I've ever had.

I used to take my time in the shower and shower when I wanted. Tonight, I thought I'd sneak in without J noticing but as I was climbing in the shower, I felt a very cold and very tiny hand on my back side that made me jump the rest of the way into the even colder water. I spent the next 2 minutes with the shower door standing wide open, listening to a screaming J proclaiming "bath, bath, bath!" as I washed just he essentials. I think I'm clean. Yes, Mom, I know I'm "paying for my raising".

It wasn't until we were letting J run out the rest of his reserve energy until B let the phrases start flying. I was only able to remember 2.

He was making a makeshift flag for his boat for this weekend and proudly said "I feel like Betsy Ross". Because I'm sure Betsy Ross sewed our nation's flag while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and drinking a beer.

During Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, B decided it was time for Pluto to get a shock collar.

There you have it. Magic Mommy drinks, how Betsy Ross made our flag and the secret to Pluto's behavior reform.

-Sensory Overload


No comments:

Post a Comment