Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 16

Where did the last week go?! I can't believe I'm already at 16 weeks. Confession. I like the even numbered weeks better than the odd numbered. Weird, huh? Who cares?! Here's the picture!


Last week at work I was sitting in shift report and two other ladies walked in and were asking me about my pregnancy. One asked to see the bump because she's on nights and doesn't see me often. She was super excited when I showed her and lady #2 sitting next to her said "Wow! You're really showing to only be 15 weeks along!!". I think I cried a little. I've spent the last week feeling huge until I stepped on the scale this morning and realized that I hadn't gained any weight at all in the past 3 weeks. I feel vindicated now.

This week has been pretty stressful. I'm sure you felt that from last week's post. Most of the stress we are feeling is from buying a house. Sorry I haven't updated on that but everyone finally settled on an agreement with the house we like and now we're in a "binding contact". Then everything fell apart which lead us to the most stressful week of our lives. Everyone has always said that buying a house would be so much fun but they failed to mention how we would be signing a 38 page Good Faith Estimate or resigning the binding contract 5 times over.

Then more dreams and fears started. These are real conversations:

(First thing one morning after a horrible night of sleep)
B: I have a new worry about the house.
W: Really? What's up?
B: I'm worried I didn't do enough research about the house.
W: Not possible. You know a little too much about it. What didn't you research?
B: I didn't check out if it were haunted or not.

I really wanted to kill him.

Later on that day in a text message.

B: You make fun of me now but it's all fun and games until the dog starts crawling on the ceiling and spitting up pea soup.

A few days later.

B: I'm a little worried about the pond in the front yard.
W: I think everything will be ok. The baby won't be walking for a while and then we'll be watching them close after that.
B: No. I'm worried about how many mosquitoes and snakes it will bring around.
W: Oh. That's legit. Why don't we look at getting a cat when we move in? Usually they take care of nasty snakes outside.
B: Nah. I'm thinking we should get a mongoose.

Does anyone know how much a mongoose costs?

Back to baby. This week starts the beginning of feeling the baby move. Haven't felt it yet but I'm sure it's coming. He's also moving his chest up and down to practice for breathing when he gets here. If you're unfamiliar with how the baby's body works in utero compared to after delivery, check it out. It's pretty amazing stuff. He's also developing hair and eyelashes...... hopefully it won't be red like B's. God help me if this kid comes out with flaming red hair.

Good stuff this week: My crazy adult/pregnancy acne is going away. Maybe the three days of no work and no make up helped that along a little. Maternity clothes are starting to look a little more appropriate on me.

Bad stuff this week: Pregnancy brain. This isn't so bad until you try to put spices in the silverware drawer. Then you feel like a complete idiot. Shortness of breath. I thought this was showing up a little early but all of my books and apps say it's pretty common around week 16 because the uterus and baby are starting to crowd my lungs.

I'm leaving you with the Bonnie picture of the week also.


-Mongoose Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment