Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

18 weeks

* Heavy heart tonight. Watching reports about the tornado that has blown through Moore, Oklahoma and left, among many things, an elementary school in it's devastating path.  As many of you know, my sister lives in Midwest City with her family. She said they are fine and the storm was to the south of them. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and first responders tonight. As one woman put it perfectly, the last thing we lose in a tragedy is our faith. I hope they are able to keep their faith in God. *

Today marks the beginning of week 18 (YAY! Even number). Not a lot has changed recently but the progress we are making with purchasing our house has really taken leaps and bounds forward.



This week the baby is the size of a sweet potato. Kind of scary because now the baby doesn't really fit perfectly in my hand any more. I'm getting a little worried about where this baby will go when it's the size of a watermelon. Many reports say the baby is moving around and turning flips. Am I growing a gymnast? He is also getting the hiccups which I think is kind of cute but I'm still not feeling anything certain.

Good things: We're only 2 weeks from getting his picture taken again. EXCITING! I'm also beginning to buy a few more maternity clothing pieces. The dress in my picture isn't from a maternity store but it's from Old Navy off the clearance rack. Their dresses are so loose and light that I'm kept cool but you can tell there's a bump there.

Bad things: Mood swings are taking over. Usually I have a pretty good grasp on them but every once in a while I let it slip and feel terrible. Consider yourself warned if we happen to meet in the near future. Another bad thing is the round ligament pains. They have come back but not as bad as the first time. Now it just feels like I've over stretched a muscle. Not comfortable but bearable. The last bad thing is my poor swollen ankles. They only swell when I'm at work so thankfully they only look bad about every two or three days.

Like I said before, the house purchase has really taken big steps this week. Our appraisal came back with wonderful news, the inspection came back Saturday with amazing results as well and we locked in a rate on our loan. Unfortunately, the closing will have to be moved to mid June because the owner is away for work next week.... as a captain..... of a tugboat...... on the Mississippi River. How cool is that?! I hate we won't be in our "forever home" for another month but I'd rather not rush anyone in the process. It will all fall into place.

Until next time!

-W

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful!! Wow!!

    Awesome news in the house!! So excited for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete