Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 26

I would normally see this as just another week but I'm starting to relate every week that ticks by with the quickly diminishing remaining weeks. So while this is week 26, I see it as 14 weeks until baby B makes his or her big debut and we don't even have the nursery ready. Scratch that. We haven't even started the nursery. Procrastination at its finest.

Fortunately, we are at the beach so the nursery is the furthest thing from my mind. 2 years ago, me and B got married on the beach in the middle of some of the worst rain I've ever seen. Now, we have come back for the first time since then to celebrate. We went to dinner at The Boatyard, which was fantastic and then ended up with a sort of friendly game of putt putt. I lost. I owe him a milkshake of his choice. I'm still trying to renegotiate the terms of my loss.

I'm posting from my iPad so I'm not sure where the picture is going to end up. This picture was taken before we left for dinner. Anniversaries are a big deal for us so we dressed in our finest for dinner.

This week, Baby B is the size of a head of lettuce. Pretty big if you ask me. He weighs in between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds and is measuring somewhere between 13 and 15 inches. His eyelashes are now fully formed and so are his eyes. He will soon start to open and close them. His immune system is already taking in antibodies from me and he's also starting to inhale and exhale amniotic fluid. So in other words, I'm growing a fish.

The good: In some books, week 26 marks the beginning of the third trimester. Not sure how I feel about that. I'm excited but also nervous about the upcoming delivery. B is also able to feel more kicks these days. Every morning he rolls over, lays his hand on my stomach and feels our little wiggle worm moving into a new position. I'm glad he's able to share that with me.

The bad: Swelling is getting a little worse. I now make sure I wear my compression hose every day or my ankles become cankles and my feet no longer fit in flip flops. Just a small price to pay, I guess. Heartburn is also getting a little worse. I notice it more when it's time to eat. I keep Tums on hand when I start to notice flare up.

That's all for this week. I'll check back with you next week for t-13 weeks.

-W

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! You look amazing! Can't believe it's been two years already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I'm glad y'all are able to relax and celebrate on the beach!

    ReplyDelete