Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 38

Yep. Still lugging this kid around. Unfortunately, during this busy week, I forgot to have B take a lovely bump/watermelon/bean bag chair picture. I had an appointment on Friday and the OB told me that I'm now 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. We also did a quick scan of the babe and discovered she now weighs around 7 lbs 3 oz. My OB then proudly said "If you make it to your due date, you'll probably have an 8 lb baby!" To which I then mentally thought "Then let's not get to the due date... k?". Either way, sounds like baby is perfectly healthy right now.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I refused all genetic testing during this pregnancy for various reasons. There aren't any genetic issues in our family that I know of and none in B's either but I'm still a tiny bit nervous about the delivery day for that reason as well. Either way, we can't give our baby back... that I've been told... so no matter how this kid comes out, we'll love it any way and I'm sure God will give us the strength to deal with any of it.

The good: We're nearing the end!! Finally!!! Also, my aunt finished the pieces of the nursery she was making. I'll take some good pictures and post them soon as well. I also sleep a little easier these days. A few nights ago, I slept 3 straight hours and woke up thinking "WHOO HOO! I slept all night long!" Oh the life of a soon to be mom.

The bad: I can no longer wear my wedding rings and my ring finger on both hands does some sort of weird popping, stuck in position thing. It doesn't hurt but it doesn't make me want to puke a little.

The inappropriate: Two words.. bladder leakage. Two more words.. panic attack. Yes, I am finally at that point in my pregnancy where my bladder refuses to do it's job and instead lets a little urine slip right through. Then the panic attack sets in. I immediately freeze wherever I am and pray to God Almighty no one else notices. The bad part of all this? I've heard it never goes away.

We'll see what happens in week 39.

I wish you lots of peeless sleep!!

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment