Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Weeks 11 and 12

What a day! Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a small baby bump by yourself? I'll never attempt that again!! Either way, I have two weekly pictures to share. Last week we were in Las Vegas with a few friends and went ahead with week 11's picture even though we weren't posting it yet.


Ugh! I think at this point in every woman's pregnancy, you feel like a bloated cow. You know there's something tiny in there making you feel weird but it's hard to prove it's existence because you really look like you ate too much at the last buffet sitting.

But on to this week. 

Today is week 12 and the baby is the size of a plum. At the beginning of the pregnancy I told B it would be fun to eat the fruit that the baby was the size of each week. Then I began researching the different fruits and decided that I wasn't going to eat olives, onions and prunes so it probably wouldn't work out. 

I'm trying to decide what sort of questions I should answer each week to keep everyone updated but I think I'm going to start out with the basic "OMG you're pregnant let me ask you a crap ton of questions" questions.

What this planned or were you trying? If I hear this question again, I'm going to stab someone with a fork. How horrible of a question is this?! Just ask me if I was being responsible because that's basically what it means. Babies are gifts and we couldn't be more excited about this little blessing. But to answer the question, we weren't trying but we weren't not trying. We took on the mind set that if it happened it happened and if it didn't, it didn't. There. STOP ASKING!

Are you going to find out what you're having? Right now, no. There aren't many things in life that are a complete surprise so we want this to be one of them.

How do you feel? I feel fantastic. I have a little bit of congestion and I'm a little more tired than normal but besides that, I don't have the classic pregnancy symptoms. That's not to say they won't pop up later.

How is B doing with this? B is over the moon ecstatic about everything. He already wants to build the crib and rocking chair. He has every pregnancy app known to man on his iPad and iPhone and keeps up with them. He makes sure I make all of my medicine and drink all of my water. He's been the perfect gentleman so far.

Smooth sailing so far. We're both just soaking everything in and trying to not get worried about the possibilities that it won't last to term. Being a postpartum nurse is nice because I know what to expect when the baby comes but at the same time, I know that you can lose your pregnancy all the way up to 40 weeks. 

There are a few things that do start to get old. I'm tired of everyone thinking I'm feeble and I need help with everything. If I didn't tell you I was pregnant, you would make me carry my own groceries, bags and boxes. I also hate that people think they can't drink around me. Alcohol existed before I got pregnant and still exists now. In the beginning, I basically had to force feed B a beer. I'm happy giving up little things like that because I have a tiny person growing inside me. I think I can make sacrifices for that.

I think that's it for this week. I'll see you next week for the beginning of trimester 2!!!

-W


2 comments:

  1. Love the picture with the plum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes!! DON'T find out the gender.....best decision ever. (Well...and the cloth dipes!)

    ReplyDelete